Monday, December 19

Louis

Owing to being ill and not having any internet, I've been grabbing any spare time to just chill in a bid to rest up. Bit hard when there are final club nights and weddings to attend! Anyway, a mate of mine lent me a ton of doccos to watch and among the batch were some of Louis Theroux’s. Oh my goodness. How amazing is Louis?! I’ve heard so much about him and now I get the hype! For those of you that don’t know, Louis is a British journalist that makes doccos about sub-cultures like swingers and thai brides and crazy religious types. He interviews all sorts of oddballs and the stories are just fascinating. Plus he looks a bit like a British Jim Halpert – dreamy! He cracks me up because he’ll be talking to some white supremist or something and he’ll say ‘Don’t you think that’s just a little bit weird?’ Haha! So British. He’s dead intelligent though and brilliant at extracting these shocking, honest nuggets out of people!

Oh, and this is what I ended up reading at Tracy's wedding – it’s from When Harry Met Sally. I also said a bit about our friendship through mascara tears – what a wreck.

I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.



PS: Promise to upload some pics during the holidays. Only three and half more days to go!
blog comments powered by Disqus